8:00 AM until Dusk
Host a cook out in our grilling area next to building 3011, featuring 2 charcoal grills and a table.
Charcoal grilling tips:
- Thoroughly clean out the grill, removing ash and grease.
- Determine how much charcoal you are going to need. A one layer for burgers and steaks or two layers for roasts and chickens.
- Pour enough charcoal into the grill to make the layers needed.
- Stack charcoal into a cone shape.
- Pour lighter fluid over the charcoal cone, using more in the center than he edges. Use about 1/4 cup of fluid to 1-pound of charcoal.
- Let the fluid sit on the coals for about 30 seconds.
- With a long match, light from the bottom on at least two sides.
Rules & Regulations
- Grilling is not permitted within 15 feet of buildings, landscape, or other similar structures.
- Please extinguish any hot coals before leaving picnic area.
- Never dispose of hot ash in combustible containers.
- Please dispose of all trash in the proper containers.
- Picnic tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis.